Casual Security Officer
A new opportunity has arisen to join Superstadium Management Company Ltd’s security department in the position of Security Officer on a casual basis.
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Reporting to the Security Manager, the chosen applicant will provide support for a range of tasks associated with security, safety and support for other departments as well as customers and visitors at the KCOM Stadium and the Hull City Training Ground in Cottingham.
The successful applicant will work as part of a core team and shall undertake their assigned tasks in a proactive, positive way and discharge their duties professionally, effectively and efficiently at all times.
Working hours cover a 24 hour period and we offer flexibility in terms of shift patterns, with further opportunities for training and development becoming available over time.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all premises and property are secure and access is controlled
- Perform security related duties such as patrolling inside and outside, responding to situations and incidents when they occur
- Monitor when required, intruder and fire alarms, doors access systems and CCTV systems, maintaining accurate records, including reviewing and investigating situations and incidents, writing reports and making written statements and collecting evidence
- Provide a valuable/post in transit service
- Undertaking systems tests, maintaining accurate records of systems tests, and faults
- Control access and egress of contractors and visitors as required, providing escort duties as and when required
- Control and manage the issuing of staff ID, access cards and visitors’ passes
- Identify and report any faults
- Provide duties in relation to moving equipment, parcels and goods if and when required
- Conduct searches of persons and their belongings entering the premises when required
- Assist other departments and staff in relation to security duties when required
- Monitor of criminal activity and suspect
- Monitoring and reporting issues in relation to the health and safety of all visitors and contractors
- Monitor all users of the organisations premises in relation to policies, procedures and legislation, acting on and reporting any breaches
- Traffic control and car park management
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly checks on security and other equipment when required
- Investigate crimes and incidents against the organisation and its users, compiling all evidence for external and internal procedures, including statements, CCTV evidence
- Work as a team to achieve both service and organisation targets and performance
- Conduct audits of the security systems and processes in operation and compile reports, investigating non-conformances
- Event day cover and to supervise casual, agency and contract security staff in the protection of key areas and people
- Liaise with external agencies, including the emergency services
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
SMC are committed to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults and colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of our safeguarding policy and procedures. Some posts may require the employee to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by The Disclosure and Barring Service.
SMC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement once we have received a satisfactory number of applicants; if you have not been contacted within ten working days of the closing date then you should assume that unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.