Grounds Team Member
A new opportunity has arisen to join Superstadium Management Company Ltd and Hull City’s grounds team on a full time basis. We are looking for a dedicated and hard-working individual to assist in the maintenance of the playing surfaces at the KCOM Stadium and our training ground in Cottingham to the highest professional standard as required for professional sport.
Closing date: Friday 9th July 2021 at 4.00pm
Starting salary: £20,000 per annum
The successful applicant will utilise a variety of agricultural machinery and tools and shall receive a full Health & Safety induction, as well as additional training to ensure they are capable of performing their duties. Applicants should be flexible and available to work various shift patterns, including evenings and weekends depending upon the fixture schedule of the Club’s First Team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure our pitches are of the highest standard required for elite sport and safe for use during training and the playing of matches.
- Undertake the preparation and maintenance of sports pitches at the KCOM Stadium and First Team Training Ground, including preparing pitch markings prior to all Hull City and Hull FC fixtures.
- Post-match remediation of the playing turf at the KCOM Stadium and first team training facilities.
- Be responsible for operating all machinery used onsite in a safe manner and in strict compliance with current Health & Safety legislation.
- Be responsible for the day to day maintenance of all machinery used at the site; ensure appropriate daily records relating to the pre-operations checks and machinery use are completed and maintained for inspection.
- Be responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels of fertilisers, seeds and other relevant materials, submitting requests for additional resources via the SMC Facilities Manager.
- Liaise frequently with suppliers/ pitch maintenance consultants to identify new working practices and/or products to improve pitch quality, undertaking any relevant training when required.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, organisation, planning, prioritisation and good time management.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Be a frequent user of driven vehicles such as tractors and ride-on mowers.
- Be a frequent user of hand-tools such as spades, forks, trowels, rakes, hoes, shears and secateurs.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement once we have received a satisfactory number of applicants; if you have not been contacted within ten working days of the closing date then you should assume that unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
SMC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.