Lead Youth Development Phase Coach (U13-U16)
Hull City Academy are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team as Lead Youth Development Phase Coach (U13-U16). Reporting to the Head of Academy Coaching, the successful candidate will be required to deliver a comprehensive coaching programme to contribute to the ongoing development of our players.
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 2nd July 2021 at 4.00pm
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Alongside the AMT, be responsible for the recruitment, managing, supervision and development of the Academy casual coaching staff, taking whatever steps are necessary to maintain the highest professional standards at all times.
- Provide regular updates on all Academy activity and player progress to the Academy Manager & Head of Coaching.
- Assist with structuring Academy meetings with all part time coaches in conjunction with the Academy Manager & Head of Coaching.
- Manage the Academy’s U13-U16 squads, delivering coaching sessions, managing match day logistics and completing all the relevant work on the PMA.
- Ensure all players in Youth Development Phase are up to date with PMA, other relevant admin.
- Alongside the Academy Manager, Head of Coaching, and AMT organise & take part in CPD events for full and casual coaches.
- Work closely with the Transition and Professional development phase coaches to ensure smooth transitions
- Manage the game time of players ensuring the 50% rule is adhered to.
- Ensure players are correctly challenged (playing up) and flight paths are up to date
- Ensure late maturers development is managed (playing down)
- Work closely with Head of Academy Recruitment & scouts.
- Ensure all administration work is complete accurately and within the time scale set by the Academy Manager, ensuring all part-time staff do likewise.
- Build new relationships / partnerships that will enhance the Academy
- Ensure all 6 weekly reviews are completed for the players in each age group along with the casual coaches.
- Take an active part in arranging day release and ensuring that all aspects are completed in accordance to club Education & Welfare policies.
- Attend all Academy Team Meetings required.
- Maintain UEFA Qualifications and Emergency Aid Qualification.
- Work closely with the Academy FA Club Support Officer.
- Contribute to Scouting and Talent Identification as and when directed by the Academy Manager.
- Organise additional fixtures where appropriate. Age U13 to U16.
- Create a bespoke U15’s games programme
- Communicate with the Community Department regarding schools initiatives, holiday clubs, festivals and tournaments.
- Act on any information supplied by the Community Department regarding identified players.
- Carry out additional duties / sessions as directed by the Academy Manager & Head of Academy Recruitment, Head of Coaching.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Attention to detail a vital attribute.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours and weekends.
- Understanding of a constantly changing culture / demand.
- Ability to work alone & lead other staff.
- Work well as part of an Academy Full-time Staff.
- Ability to build & maintain local relationships
- High degree of computer literacy
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Hull City Academy develops and works with talented young footballers from the age of 8 to 23. We have made significant progress at the Academy since the Club successfully achieved its quest to gain Category Two status in the summer of 2015, with the primary focus on developing and nurturing players with outstanding potential into future first team regulars. In line with the Football Association’s Charter of Quality, the Academy prepares players of the future for the Club and enables our scholars to progress both on and off the field throughout their tenure with us.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com. We also request that you complete our Equality & Diversity Form and return it along with your application; this is to help us monitor the range of candidates and will be treated with the upmost confidence.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement once we have received a satisfactory number of applicants; if you have not been contacted within ten working days of the closing date then you should assume that unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Hull City Tigers Ltd are committed to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults and colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of our safeguarding policy and procedures. Some posts may require the employee to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by The Disclosure and Barring Service.
Hull City Tigers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.