Temporary Grounds Team Staff
Superstadium Management Company Ltd are looking to recruit qualified Ground staff on a temporary basis, to assist in the maintenance of the playing surfaces at the KCOM Stadium and the Hull City Training Ground in Cottingham.
Hourly rate: £10.00 per hour
Contract type: Temporary (until the end of April 2021)
Location: KCOM Stadium, West Park, Hull, HU3 6HU
As a member of our Grounds Team, the successful applicants will utilise a variety of agricultural machinery and tools and shall receive a full Health & Safety induction, as well as additional training to ensure they are capable of performing their duties and maintain our pitches to the highest standard as required for professional sport.
These positions are provisionally expected to last until the end of April 2021. We are willing to consider candidates on either a full time or part time basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure our pitches are of the highest standard required for elite sport and safe for use during training and the playing of matches.
- Undertake the preparation and maintenance of sports pitches at the KCOM Stadium and First Team Training Ground, including preparing pitch markings prior to all Hull City and Hull FC fixtures.
- Post-match remediation of the playing turf at the KCOM Stadium and first team training facilities.
- Be responsible for operating all machinery used onsite in a safe manner and in strict compliance with current Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure appropriate daily records relating to the pre-operations checks and machinery use are completed and maintained for inspection.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, organisation, planning, prioritisation and good time management.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Be experienced and qualified to drive vehicles such as tractors and ride-on mowers.
- Be an experienced and frequent user of hand-tools such as spades, forks, trowels, rakes, hoes, shears and secateurs.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement once we have received a satisfactory number of applicants
SMC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.